Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Instructors
Brazilian Jiu Jitsu 2nd Degree Black Belt
Melbourne Budo Academy houses the second location of Stewie’s House of BJJ, the brother academy to the main location in Bendigo, Victoria.
Stewie’s House of BJJ is an official Affiliate School under the Jean Jacques Machado Association, Master Jean Jacques is a former World Champion and known as one of the greatest Jiu Jitsu fighters of all time. The Bendigo academy has been operating for 15+years and is home to 7 active BJJ Black Belts and 40+ full-time members who train upwards of 6 days a week under the guidance Professor Stewie Moulden.
Stewie has been training Brazilian Jiu Jitsu for 18+ years and been a martial artist for 25+ years. Originally earned his BJJ Black Belt in May 2009 under Professor John Will, he then went on to train with a variety of different coaches in Kosen Style Judo and Jiu Jitsu, the likes of Professor Richard Norton, Kosen Judo Coaches Paul Cale & David Coultas, close friend & World Champion Professor Jay Zeballos, Master/Legend Rickson Gracie and of course Master Jean Jacques Machado. In March 2016 Master Jean Jacques retied Stewie’s Black Belt around his waist making him an official and direct linage black belt to the legend himself and also promoting him to 2nd Degree black belt.
Professor Stewie is the Director of the Jean Jacques Machado Australian Competition Team with the full support and ongoing guidance of Master Jean Jacques Machado and Professor Jay Zeballos.
- 25 years Martial Arts Experience
- 18 years (Brazilian Jiu Jitsu)
- 15 years as Head Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Coach in Bendigo
- 15 years’ experience in Security Operations, 5 years as Team Leader in Acute Psychiatric Security.
- Past 3 years as an Aggression Management Consultant to Government and Private Organizations
- Coached “5" students through to the rank of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Black Belt
- Trained multiple Local, State, National & Pan Pacific Champions over the last 15 years
- Competed International on 5 separate occasions, last three events where; IBJJF All Japan Jiu Jitsu Open 2010, IBJJF Masters World Championships 2014 & IBJJF Pan American Championships 2016.
- Only one of two Australian’s to ever receive a degree black belt promotion from the world famous Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Instructor, Master Jean Jacques Machado.
- Category 5 Floro Fighting Systems Instructor, promoted & trained directly by Master Floro.
Currently Studying Counselling and Psychology
Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Black Belt
David has been training in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu for over 20 years and within the martial arts for over 30 years. He received his Black Belt from Professor Stewart Moulden and Professor Richard Norton on behalf of Jean Jacque Machado in December 2014 at Stewie’s House of BJJ Bendigo academy.
· 30 years + (Martial Arts).
· 20 years (Brazilian Jiu Jitsu).
· 3rd Degree Black Belt (South East Australian Tae Kwon Do) received in 1994.
· 10 years instructing experience in Martial Arts.
· Category 1 Floro Fighting Systems Instructor, promoted and trained by Master Floro.
· 25 years experience in the Criminal Justice systems of three states.
Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Purple Belt
Ben was introduced briefly to BJJ in 2008 under Stewart Moulden, prior to travelling to China to practice Chinese Kung-Fu for one year. Upon return in mid 2009 BJJ has been the main focus and he currently holds the rank of purple belt under Professor Stewart Moulden and Jean Jacques Machado.
During this time he has also developed freestyle wrestling and submission grappling experience with numerous trips overseas. Notably, spent a semester in 2014 training freestyle wrestling in Canada at the University of Calgary, under head coach Mitch Ostburg. While living in Melbourne have spent time training BJJ with various coaches such as Thiago Stefanutti, and wrestling coaches Chris Shen and Talgat Ilyasov.
- 7+ years Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
- 4+ years freestyle wrestling
- 2x Months training BJJ in Brasil/Argentina
- 2x training camps Muay Thai in Thailand
- Amateur boxing, KyoKushin Karate and Muay Thai experience
- Competition experience in freestyle wrestling Aus Cup, Aus Nationals and Dino's invitational Calgary.
- Competed in Pan Pacific, Melbourne Open and Aus National BJJ competitions.
Ben is also a qualified Physiotherapist and is dedicated to focusing on the martial arts and building the Team at Budo academy.